Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another N-Word incident

Yes, its sad to say but another famous non african american has said the N-word. Time and time again have we witnessed those who are either bold enough or stupid enought to say that word so freely as if they own the right to say it. Yes i said OWN THE RIGHT, because i truly believe that that word should not be said by any man woman or child(sadly they do say it), of any race or creed, but i could sleep a little better is the person saying it was infact black. Back to the story the beloved John Meyer, is the culprit this time. After saying the N-word while using twitter several times. Once called out for it, he gave a deep heartfelt as fake-as-it-can-get apology to those who were offened. this is truely a smh moment. I'm not as mad about the actual act as i am the comment that were mad in the yahoo new report, which went something like this, "i am a black chick who feels he did nothing wrong", "He needs to learn to watch what he says", and of coarse my favorite "Ya john dont be a [profane]" I mean really have we gotten to the point where people are afraid to say what they truely feel, I'm not mad at him for saying it, i'm mad that he punks out for saying it instead of saying " i said it i apologize, and i'm really not racist...just stupid.". And for the "black chick" to say," I think that John Meyer is wrong for saying that, i mean i understand he apologized, but that makes you wonder how often he says it in person. I think the real problem with that word is that, we want people not to say it but then when they do, everybodi is in their ear telling them fifty different things, no its okay just don say it again, or its okay it doesnt hurt. I'm sure that the "black chick"'s ancestors or turning in their graves, after seeing what she said about the word they risked their lives to stop from being used.

1 comment:

  1. Patrick, I'm glad you wrote about this topic. I definitely discussed it at length with a few of my friends. There were two issues at work: John Mayer's use of the "n-word," the racially insensitive way he expressed his lack of attraction to black women. To the "black chick's" credit, she may have been referring to that.
    Otherwise, I'm stopping by to say that I appreciate your blog and the topics of your posts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete